Privacy Policy
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login]
You are not logged in

Topic Welcome Back! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jsmitch On 2017.11.13 21:26
I worked out the wrinkles and did a little re-programming so the 'legacy' code on this forum would run under newer software libraries.

Enjoy!

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2017.11.14 08:09
Thanks Jim not having the sight to check on sort of messed up my whole day.Bravo!!

By Richard Guhl On 2017.11.14 10:35
A little sunshine back in my day.

By kstanage On 2017.11.15 18:21
Yes, it is good to see this back again. Rainy and chilly here in Sparta TN. I made some hamburger soup and I think it's the best I ever made. Added broccoli, cauliflower and potato dumplings along with some hot sauce. I don't like it but I guess winter is on it's way.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2017.11.16 07:41
Sounds great what times supper?

By kstanage On 2017.11.16 08:10
I had plenty to feed you. I gave my neighbor a quart of it and still have to put some in the freezer. Anyone heard from Bedge lately?

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2017.11.21 10:21
I may have to ring her up on the land line as she does have puter problems from time to time.

By kstanage On 2017.11.21 16:20
Well, I hope she is doing okay, I know she talked about having some health issues. In case I don't get back here I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Our younger son is having dinner at his house so that is where I will be. I get away with just making a couple of pies.

By kstanage On 2017.11.27 07:41
JPT, I saw that Bedge posted a comment on my cousin's Facebook page so I guess she is doing okay. I remember her saying something about having trouble getting this site on her Ipad or something awhile back. I guess it'll be Christmas before we know it, I need to get some cards in the mail. Tennessee is having pretty decent weather for this time of year, hope it stays that way.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2017.11.27 18:28
It's been very un-Christmas here, temps in the eighty's and low nineties still got the AC going. Diane is set to have a RT. knee replacement on the 20th of Dec. so I don't think we'll be out dancing New Years eve. Sure do miss Steve the world just ain't same without him.

By bzboril On 2017.11.28 10:30
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks to Jim for getting us back on the forum.

Had a great trip to the UP for our annual hunt.
My son was the only one to bring home venison. Weather sucked, rain, snow, rain snow, and more rain.
Enjoying the 60's here in NB.

Yes JP, Steve is missed in many ways.

By kstanage On 2017.12.14 11:59
Very quiet on here, I guess none of us have a lot to comment on. It'll be Christmas soon so my whole family is all busy getting ready for that. My grand daughter and her family are here before they have to leave for Washington state, he's in the Navy and he will be going out by Bremerton. Who knows when we will get to see them next. He just made Chief not too long ago and he serves on nuclear subs, the Henry Jackson I think he said will be his next assignment. Merry Christmas to all.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2017.12.15 08:05
Mostly Quiet here too, Diane goes in for surgery next Wednesday so she gets a new knee for Christmas. Hard to believe another year has passed. To all a Merry Christmas and hopefully the new year will bring a little peace to this tired old world.

By jsmitch On 2017.12.18 17:46
We lost one of contributors...Bob Sutherland passed away. http://www.miningjournal.net/news/2017/12/the-rev-robert-w-sutherland/

By bzboril On 2017.12.22 08:31
I was saddened to hear of Bob's passing. He was a great contributor to this site. Loved Ernie and Bob's posts.
Bedge had some surgery last week. Daughter Paula says everything went well. Hopefully she will be back on here soon.
Rainy dreary day here in the NB area. It doesn't look like a white Christmas for us.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a happy and healthy New Year..

By kstanage On 2017.12.31 11:18
So I see more than half the country is getting really cold weather, guess we are all in the same boat. I wonder if Rich Guhl is getting any of that blizzard up in Alaska, I saw there were winter storm warnings up there. Happy New Year to all who visit the site, stay home where it's warm and cozy.

By BobConway On 2017.12.31 19:00
Wishing you all a happy 2018 as we wind down the last few hours of 2017.

Hey, Class of '65, how did we become so old so quickly? I still remember standing with you all on the semicircle in front of the old HS right after commencement, looking up into the deepening blue sky and imagining those two Gemini capsules carrying four Americans getting ready to practice rendezvous maneuvers in orbit. That was June 4, 1965. In just another 4 years the first Lunar Lander would touch down at Tranquility Base.

And that brilliant future is now our hazy distant past. Isn't time strange?

My best to you all!

By Richard Guhl On 2018.01.01 18:13
Should I be ashamed to admit today in Sitka, Alaska it is 44 degrees & rain?
Last week we had +15-17 degrees at night and 30's during the day, but no snow yet this winter.

By BobConway On 2018.01.01 18:40
Sounds wonderful, Richard. You don't have to shovel rain!

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.01.02 09:02
Sorry about the low temps all over the map but we had a high of 84 to bring in the New Year. Wish I could put sunshine in cans and send out. Have a happy New Year all and keep writing.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.01.17 15:54
Where is every body ? is the snow that deep that your keyboards are lost til spring. Just a little over 100 days and the return trek begins.Can't hardly wait for those fresh Asparagus it makes the whole trip worth it.

By kstanage On 2018.01.18 08:52
In my area of Tennessee the big issue is the temperatures, we aren't used to below freezing temps for such a long time. We got sleet that covered the roads and, for good measure, a few inches of snow. Normally it would be gone the next day but it has stayed cold instead. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, today it's supposed to start getting warmer and be up to 60 degrees by Saturday. Don't say it, I know I'm whining.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.02.18 09:44
New record, one full month with no entry's . The forum sure has been quiet since EVETS passing really miss the guy,he kept this old fart on his toes . This is my only attempt at social media I find Tweets and twitter just plain lazy and rude and a total lack on language skills.

By Richard Guhl On 2018.02.20 10:55
Language skills online? Surely you jest!

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.02.21 08:33
I see that there is massive flooding in and around NB what's the cause?

By Richard Guhl On 2018.03.19 09:01
Another ex-Berrian County family moved to Sitka a couple months ago. Their journey from Coloma had just as many twists & turns along the way as did mine. Yesterday we reminisced over the subject of fish Fridays at Redemack's

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.03.20 08:57
Really strange what a small world this is I've run into people in some of the strangest places, a guy from LaPorte in VietNam,two people in Ireland from our neighborhood here in Tucson, and the strangest of all a teacher from NB sitting at a table at a restaurant here in Tucson ,

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.04.08 10:17
Another month and no one has anything to say, hard to believe that we live in such a perfect world!!

By Richard Guhl On 2018.04.10 09:03
Since we're not suppose to talk politics (a very broad subject in this day & age) and weather's kind of boring, I guess some/most of us have slipped in to the routine of senior citizens.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.04.12 11:34
Right on Rich this present real life version of the "Godfarther" has myself and many of my friends very nervous as to where we are going. No politics just a personal observation.

By kstanage On 2018.04.12 16:28
Well, I guess I could tell you all about how I have started sleep walking in my old age. Got off of the two newest meds that I started to take for anxiety and insomnia but still having issues. I would not care so much except for taking a couple falls, no serious injury, just scrapes and bruises. Nancy Wilkey suggested tethering myself to the bed so I am using my robe belt to keep myself from going more than a foot from the bed. Wish me luck with this endeavor. Tennessee has not had much of a spring, we are finally getting some warm weather but it's going to change back to rainy and cold in a couple of days

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.04.13 06:44
That is a very scary situation,the tether thing might be a stop gap but really check those RXs. Hit 97 here yesterday with little relief in sight. Three more weeks and the northern trek begins I can already taste that fresh Asparagus . Hey all lets keep this sight alive I don't think the Russians have hacked it yet.

By kstanage On 2018.04.13 15:48
I hope you have a good trip to Michigan and that it has warmed up by the time you get there. Yes,nothing like Michigan asparagus. I buy some every now and then at the grocery store but it's not home grown from up north. I hope also that people will visit and post on the site, it's hard for just a few people to have a whole lot to say. My sister in law, Gloria, fell down last week and broke a rib. I guess she's doing better but the pain is still pretty bad.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.04.14 07:23
I saw that on facebook,she took a pretty nasty fall down a flight of stairs . Very lucky a broken rib was the worst.Our class have all reached the three quarter century mark so caution is our new bi-word. Keep those cards and letters coming folks and have a great day.

By kstanage On 2018.04.16 09:07
Could not believe it, when I got up today the ground, roofs and carport were snow covered. I guess it will melt before the day is over but so far the sun has not come out and it's only 33 degrees. Needless to say, I am sick of this and more than ready for warm weather. I would like to put out some flowers, going to do wave petunias I think. I hope everyone is well.

By kstanage On 2018.04.30 14:46
Well, wish me luck. I had an MRI on my shoulder today and I'll see the doctor tomorrow to find out what is wrong with that shoulder. Right now I am hoping for physical therapy but he thinks I may have a torn rotator cuff. If it's not too bad they will start with therapy and see how that goes. I really dread surgery unless it's just the arthroscopic procedure, I can deal with that on my own.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.05.02 08:45
OH!! the joys of the golden years!!

By Richard Guhl On 2018.05.02 09:01
I blew out my left shoulder (I'm left-handed) in 2007 and spent 3 1/2 hours in surgery to glue it back together. This included 6 titanium bone anchors and some "fake" tendons the Doc described as similar to heavy monofilament fishing line. 16 weeks physical therapy (I now know where the Fed's get interogaters for GTMO), first 4 weeks arm in a sling with a little red rubber ball on the end I was suppose to keep squeezing.

Whatever the Doc did he did perfectly! Since, I've found my re-built shoulder can out-perform my right without so much as a twinge. If your shoulder is bothering you - particularly if it won't let you sleep at night - get it fixed.

By kstanage On 2018.05.02 12:29
Yes, JPT, our golden years are not always all that great. But I feel fortunate when I see what others have been through even though I whine and complain about my problems. Rich, you had a very serious surgery for sure. I had my MRI and talked with the doctor, I can get my shoulder back in shape with arthroscopic surgery so I am relieved about that. I was dreading not being able to move my arm for a few weeks being that I am by myself. So I find out tomorrow when they can do the surgery and my son will take me and bring me home or I might spend the first day or two with them. Just to rub it in the doctor said this kind of injury is common in senior citizens. Ha Ha

By kstanage On 2018.05.03 09:36
I saw the surgeon today and he wants me to do therapy and shots before we go to surgery. Which that is fine by me even though I'm basically lazy about things like that. But it will be in a formal situation with someone brow beating me into doing the exercises. So I'll do that for about 5 weeks or so and see what happens.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.05.03 15:45
After that neck surgery two years ago I feel so very lucky, one false move and I could have become a Quadriplegic.thank god for modern medicine . To whom it may concern today is Bedge's Happy birthday!!

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.05.13 19:19
Back in Ludville where Spring has just arrived, I did by the way bring some sun shine with me .

By Richard Guhl On 2018.05.14 08:55
Sun? What's a sun?

By kstanage On 2018.05.15 10:30
JPT, glad to hear you and your wife have gotten to your destination. Our weather has turned definitely summer-like here in TN, highs upper 80's. My therapy is going well, pain level down to about half of what it was. I actually mowed the yard myself on Saturday and finally planted petunias in the flower box Frank made for me the year I retired. Rich, sounds like you must be mired in a cloud bank, hope that improves soon. You all take care.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.06.14 16:59
Almost 30 days and no one has any thing to say it must be a perfect world out there!!!

By Richard Guhl On 2018.06.15 10:19
Maybe, perhaps less than perfect. Still, the hummingbirds are back, the salmon are arriving and I have a moose hunt on the calendar Sept 1-12th. Look @ the bright side.

By kstanage On 2018.06.15 10:47
Not perfect here in TN either, it's so hot that I don't even want to go outside to pick raspberries. I am the most fortunate person today though. My AC quit working this morning, called Hiller Company, they said it would be tomorrow before they could get to me. On a whim I called a local guy, he was in Sparta working and said he'd come by when he was done. So I needed a capacitor on the outside fan and 2 lbs. of the stuff they use to charge the AC with. It's nice and cool again which is good because I have company coming and need to do housework. My brother's oldest daughter is coming to visit, haven't seen her in nearly 3 years.

By Joe Pat Tyron On 2018.06.16 15:41
OMG, I was wrong there is still intelligent life out there.

By kstanage On 2018.07.04 09:50
I hope everyone has a great day as we celebrate the Fourth of July. Thanking all the members of our military, past and present, for keeping the United States the land of the free and home of the brave. Who could have accurately predicted what a great country we would become when we declared our independence 242 years ago? Yes, there are issues we all argue about but would you want to live anywhere else? I guess I am one of those arrogant Americans.

By Richard Guhl On 2018.07.05 09:45
Sometimes a little bit of arrogance is just fine.

Page 1 [1] [2] [3] Go to previous page Go to next page